This is by far the toughest position for me to fill as Managing Editor of Yahoo! Southeast Asia.
After months of looking and countless interviews, I’m still finding it tough to check off all the boxes for this senior role. So I’m plugging this on my own blog; if you (or anyone you know) have the right skills for this fantastic role as Vietnam Country Editor, please drop me an email.
The job description:
Yahoo! Southeast Asia is looking for a driven and passionate leader for the role of Country Editor for Vietnam. This role requires strong leadership and editorial skills to help build Yahoo’s presence in Vietnam. The successful candidate will be based in Ho Chi Minh City and will report to the Managing Editor for Southeast Asia.
– Oversee our editorial strategy for the Vietnamese market, ensuring that we deliver fast, accurate and relevant local-language stories for a growing audience
– Lead, nurture and manage a team of producers in Ho Chi Minh City
– Work with product managers to improve on the layout of the Front and News pages
– Engage and grow our relationship with local content partners
– Engage and work with freelancers and stringers
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Fluent in Vietnamese with good command of English
– Must have at least five (5) years of relevant or related experience in online and/or traditional media;
– Proven leadership and mentoring skills;
– Experience working in a real-time environment;
– Demonstrated ability to work in a new technology environment;
– Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or media.
– Must be a self-starter;
– Excellent local knowledge and a nose for news;
– Understanding how audiences interact with online communities;
– Keen interest in global and regional current affairs and pop culture from a local perspective;
– Able to interact with diverse groups of technical and non-technical people;
– Must be able to communicate effectively within and outside immediate group.
To apply, please send your CV to:
Yahoo! Southeast Asia